IMPATT diodes Specification
- 80 - 11 0 GHz frequency range (each diode is factory tuned to specific frequency)
- Availab le outfJut fJower 10 mW and higher
- Linewidth can be narrowed down to 1 MHz
- Each diode is equipped with stable current source with de input power 2-5 Wand high -gain horn antenna
- TILmodulation option with 1us rise and fall times is available
- Requires stabilized current source,TeraSense-supplied source is highly recommended
- 1 year warranty period
About TerasenceTeraSense is a manufacturer of low-cost portable sub-terahertz imaging cameras, generators and ultrafast detectors. Our products balance at the cutt ing edge of scient ific and technological breakthrough s.TeraSense hasheadqu arter s in Mountain View (CA, USA) and Chernogolovka (Russia).The company has a stro ng team of 20 skilled scient ists and engineers.Most of them are young specialists with Ph.D. in th e field of microwave and terahert z research.The team is led by highl y renowned Prof. Igor Kukushkin, CEO, a corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
IMPATT diodes (IMPact ionization Avalanche Transit-Time) are high-power sub-THz radiation sources. They operate in 3 - 400 GHzfrequency range.Their main advantages are high-power capability and small size.IMPATI diodes are operated typically over a narrow frequency band, and their internal dimensions correlate wit h the operating frequency.
Terasense series of IMPATT diodes are silicon double-drift diodes with a 0.6 urn transit region, mounted on copper heat sink. The layers in double-drift diodes are: a heavily doped (p+)-region, a moderately doped p-region, a moderately doped n-region, and a heavily doped (n+)-region. The (p+)- and (n+)- regions provides for ohmic electrical contacts to the external circuit. The devices rely on the negative differential resistance to generate and sustain oscillations.